Registration procedure

How it Works: Finding jobs in the Netherlands and Belgium

Looking for job opportunities as a medical professional or dentist in the Netherlands or Belgium with your European diploma? Navigating the process can be complex, involving various procedures and requirements. To work as a medical professional from abroad in the Netherlands or Belgium, you must comply with certain conditions and requirements, ranging from being able to communicate in Dutch to legal permits, registrations, and regulations. Care Force ensures a fast and smooth process.

The procedure that applies to you depends on the country where you obtained your diploma, your nationality, and your profession. These are the minimum required documents that need to be submitted to arrange your BIG or RIZIV registration.

  • European passport/ID card or a long-term/permanent work permit
  • Copy of your European diploma and recognition
  • Europass CV
  • Letter of Good Standing
  • Letter of Good Conduct
  • Language certificate 

Depending on your personal situation, additional documents may be necessary.

BIG registration (working in the Netherlands)

Care Force can assist you with the registration process at the BIG Register (Beroepen in de Individuele Gezondheidszorg or Occupations in Individual Healthcare). The register contains information on the professional status, education, training, and work experience of healthcare professionals who hold a license to practice in the Netherlands. There are two ways to register with the BIG Register:

  1. Automatic registration: If you hold a European diploma that is less than five years old and meets the training requirements, you can be registered automatically.
  2. Registration based on work experience: If you hold a European diploma that is more than five years old or if your education does not meet the requirements of the BIG Register, you must demonstrate that you possess sufficient relevant work experience. You will need an additional document called the "Working Experience Statement," which should be completed by the institution where you have worked, indicating that you have at least three years of work experience or a minimum of 2080 working hours in the past five years. 

If you successfully complete the BIG registration process, you will receive a BIG registration number. This number is proof that you meet the quality requirements for your profession and are authorized to practice in the healthcare sector in the Netherlands.

RIZIV registration (working in Belgium)

Registering with the RIZIV (National Institute for Health and Disability Insurance) is a crucial step for healthcare professionals who want to work in Belgium. The RIZIV is responsible for managing the national health and disability insurance system in Belgium, and its registration process ensures that healthcare providers meet the necessary standards to practice their profession.

To register with the RIZIV, you will need to provide a number of documents, including proof of your qualifications, proof of your identity, and proof of your language proficiency. If your application is approved, you will receive a registration number from the RIZIV. This number is necessary to work as a healthcare provider in Belgium.

Set the first step towards your dream and register now!

We're here for you!

Do you want to start working in the Netherlands or Belgium, or would you like to meet with us for personalized information and advice? Contact us now!

Registration procedure
Do you have a question?